With many manufacturers offering hundreds of different models, it can be difficult to know what combination oven is right for you. Essentially, all combis do the same thing – provide an oven that can cook via convection, steam or a combination of both.
A Falcon Combination Oven is the perfect complement to any Falcon cookline. With 20 different models available, there’s sure to be one for your kitchen. Here are some good reasons to buy a Falcon combi:
- Autowash system provides a choice of cleaning cycles to suit the state of cleanliness of the oven at any particular time.
- Hand shower included with every model means the oven chamber can be rinsed down quickly and easily.
- Combi clean / CALOUT supplied as standard with every model that needs it. This keeps the boiler free from limescale, keeping the oven in ideal condition.
- AUTOCLIMA humidity control ensures the oven chamber maintains the perfect temperature for your cooking cycle.
- The multipoint core probe that is supplied with every model helps ensure your food is cooked as it should be. It is also housed outside the oven chamber, meaning that it is cool and safe to handle.
- Two internal chamber lights are located on the door, which means you can easily monitor cooking progress regardless of how full the oven is.
- Falcon combination ovens are quiet. With a typical professional kitchen being a fairly noisy place this is a definite advantage.
- A manual steam facility allows the user to add moisture to the oven chamber at any time
- The steam evacuation facility allows moisture to be removed (only in convection mode)
- Minimum of 99 programme storage
- Oven displays actual temperature rather than set temperature – gives confidence that food will be cooked as desired.
- A loud audible alarm which can be heard above usual kitchen noises is sounded when a cooking programme is complete, alerting the user that the food is ready
- A double-glazed door retains heat, without making the glass hot to touch• Even cooking throughout the oven chamber
“ X” series models also have these additional benefits:
- Multilevel cooking – varying menu items can be cooked at the same temperature with the oven alerting the user to when each item is ready. Oven can be kept fully loaded at all times, with new items being cooked as and when required.
- Interactive touch screen controls – intuitive, easy to use controls make it simple to create programmes,
- Multiple cooking modes offer increased flexibility and control. Examples of these modes are:
- Just-in-Time cooking – varying menu items can be cooked at the same temperature to be ready at the same time, with the oven alerting the user to when each item should be loaded into the oven.
- 400 programme storage, with 15 cycles possible in each programme.
- Six speed fan (700 – 1400rpm) allows for even the most delicate of menu items to be prepared.
- Pre-heat – this ensures that the oven is at the desired temperature as soon as the food is placed into the chamber. The oven automatically pre-heats 20% higher than set temperature.
- Rapid cooling allows the user to rapidly lower the oven temperature to 50°C.
- Information screen is large and easy to read, and can be cleaned easily with bactericidal spray
- When running any cooking programme, the display will provide a 5 minute (or 5°C if core probe cooking) to allow the user to prepare for removing the food from the oven
Main differences between standard and compact Falcon combination ovens:
- All compact combis are only 510mm wide – narrowest standard combi is 875mm wide
- Compact models have no boiler so no need for CALOUT but they do require an additional water treatment system.
- Compact combis are only available in electric
- Grid positions in compact combis are 63mm apart – this rises to 70mm apart in standard models.
For those kitchens with F900 Series equipment, the N9100 is a specially designed stand for a standard Falcon combination oven that integrates the combi into the cookline, making it look a real part of the cookline, not just a stand-alone unit at the end, as is normally the case.